Good day to you all! Since I’m actively working on being a better blogger through the #31WriteNow challenge thought up by the awesome Luvvie, I’ve decided to approach this blog in a few different ways. I know that building wealth is a constant practice and I want to make sure to be as transparent as possible without being overwhelming. So for this month, you all are getting some extra blogging awesomeness…and you can thank the challenge for that.
If you’ve been following my tweets (@Yng_Gftd_Brk), then you’ve probably read about my challenges with saving. Or just my challenges in general. One thing that always helps me is to share with others what I hope to accomplish within the big things that are going on in my life. I’ve decided to start a weekly practice of sharing with you all my Weekly Financial Goals.
Here are the “rules”:
- Each week, I will set five realistic financial goals on Sunday.
- Each week, I will share those five realistic financial goals with you all on Monday.
- Each week, I will give a progress report of how I did with my five realistic financial goals on Saturday.
Easy peasy! I think it would make it all the more fun if more of you joined in on this weekly practice via commenting or sharing it on Twitter. If you share it on Twitter, use the hashtag: #WeeklyFinancialGoals (I know!!! Snazzy, right?!?!). You don’t need to share a rationale for why you set the goal but if you’re led to do so, by all means, go ahead. You may inspire someone else with challenging themselves.
Without further ado, here are my Five Weekly Financial Goals for August 5, 2013 through August 10, 2013.
- I will not buy/eat out for lunch during the work week.
- I will save $20 in my Overflow Account.
- I will schedule an appointment with a financial advisor to speak with them about retirement accounts and investing for my future.
- I will set a budget for the month of August (I know I am super late on this and I’m a little shamed about it).
- I will actively work on draft 1 of my business plan for Professional By Design NOLA™.
Happy goal setting!